Time & Location
About the Event
Is your child too young for a full week of camp? Are you trying to discover if they really like horses or just like the idea of them? PreHorsemanship is an introductory camp for young, beginner riders. It is only 3 days long and takes place in the morning from 8:30-12. Young campers will each have their personal counselor at their side while they learn to ride. Camp mornings will be filled with fun pony games and horse-themed activities! Parents are welcome, but not required for these 3 days. Cost is $75 per camper.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Registration forms must be filled out by legal parents or guardians only. A spot in camp is reserved only after payment has been received.
- No one is to enter the barn or to touch any of the horses without permission from the staff.
- No one is to begin fishing without permission from a fishing instructor.
- Parents must drop off and pick up their children at the stables or pavilion, and sign in and out each day.
Things to Bring:
- Come wearing closed-toe shoes with a heel and long pants (rain boots are perfect!).
- Bring clothes and shoes for the afternoon that can get dirty, and will be cooler/more comfortable.
- Sack lunch, snacks, and water bottle (we provide refill stations).
- Come with sunscreen and bug spray on, and pack extra to reapply at lunch (Counselors will help).
- Bring your own helmet if you have one. If not, OBIC provides clean helmets for a child to use throughout the week.
Drop off: 8:00-8:30 AM
Pick up: 12:00 - 12:30 PM
- Beginner Horsemanship I$75$750$0