All-Girls Advanced Horsemanship Camp
Time & Location
About the Event
During our teen camp, each girl will be paired up with a horse from our herd. They will work with that horse for the entire week, creating a mutually trusted bond between them and their horse. Through this bond, they will get to see what a trusting relationship with God looks like. This camp is for more experienced riders who can walk, trot, and canter their horse proficiently. They will do a considerable amount of riding each day. Riders may bring their own horse to OBIC for this camp. Cost is $200 per camper, per week.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Registration forms must be filled out by legal parents or guardians only. A spot in camp is reserved only after payment has been received.
- No one is to enter the barn or to touch any of the horses without permission from the staff.
- No one is to begin fishing without permission from a fishing instructor.
- Parents must drop off and pick up their children at the stables or pavilion, and sign in and out each day.
Things to Bring:
- Come wearing closed-toe shoes with a heel and long pants (rain boots are perfect!).
- Bring clothes and shoes for the afternoon that can get dirty, and will be cooler/more comfortable.
- Sack lunch, snacks, and water bottle (we provide refill stations).
- Come with sunscreen and bug spray on, and pack extra to reapply at lunch (Counselors will help).
- Bring your own helmet if you have one. If not, OBIC provides clean helmets for a child to use throughout the week.
Drop off: 8:00-8:30 AM
Pick up: 4:30-5 PM
- All-Girls AdvancedHorsemanship$200$2000$0